There hasn't really been much time to quilt lately. . . I seem to spend time collecting fabrics for when I DO have time to quilt. But I did get a few things finished. I started Dana's quilt last June. It was a little more complicated and time-consuming than I initially thought, especially since I kept enlarging it. But here's the finished quilt - - -
The name says it all! Dana, the mother of 3 boys needs to slow down sometimes.
Here's the overview.
QUILTS FOR KIDS
I've done about 10 quilts for this organization in the past couple of years. They are easy sizes and go together fast. Many times I use the extra fabric from baby quilts and other projects.
Here are some of them:
Early this year I read in the newsletter that Quilts for Kids really needed quilts for teenage boys. Wow, this is something I can really sink my teeth into. I have fabrics from pillowcases, the grandsons pajama pants I made a few years ago and just special boy fabrics I bought to have on hand. I got a little involved in this process and sent 7 off in February! Five of them hanging on the railing:
A few more are awaiting quilting, and some other parts are cut. These quilts go to kids that are hospitalized kids with life threatening illnesses or abused children. They are 'cuddle quilts' for them. Nice concept and a perfect charity for a retired pediatric nurse!!
The name says it all! Dana, the mother of 3 boys needs to slow down sometimes.
Here's the overview.
I think she liked it!
QUILTS FOR KIDS
I've done about 10 quilts for this organization in the past couple of years. They are easy sizes and go together fast. Many times I use the extra fabric from baby quilts and other projects.
Here are some of them:
A few more are awaiting quilting, and some other parts are cut. These quilts go to kids that are hospitalized kids with life threatening illnesses or abused children. They are 'cuddle quilts' for them. Nice concept and a perfect charity for a retired pediatric nurse!!
Comments
Post a Comment